Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 30, 2013

I hate driving on black ice!

This week was one of the fastest weeks I've had on my mission! We had P-day on Monday, Christmas Eve on Tuesday, Christmas on Wednesday, weekly planning on Thursday, District meeting on Friday, and Church on Sunday!

Monday we went Christmas caroling in our area and ate Krispy Kreme donuts! Except I drove 15 miles on straight black ice. I hate it.

Tuesday was Christmas Eve! We couldn't really go out and knock doors, so we made cupcakes and took them to member's houses on Christmas. We had a Christmas Eve dinner at the Wilkinson's! (The sister missionaries live in the Wilkinson's basement.  We had a chance to say hello to Brother Wilkinson on Christmas Day as we were "Skyping".  Thank you for watching out for our missionary.  We love and appreciate the Wilkinson's!!)

Wednesday was Christmas! We opened presents at a member's house and ate breakfast there. It was so much fun! Then we had appointments all day. We got spoiled by our ward members for sure! And I got to Skype my family! It was so much fun! Then we went home and crashed after our sugar high. 

Thursday we had weekly planning. I don't remember what else we did. Hahaha.

Friday we had district meeting. Sister O'Very taught and did such a good job! We also had a lunch appointment with a part-active family. So that was really cool! Elder Isaacson asked us to go over and see Amanda and Eddie (recent converts of Sister Harper's and Sister Gardanier's that are struggling both spiritually and physically). They're moving to an apartment and I probably won't be able to see them again, so I went to say good-bye and call them to repentance. It was bittersweet for me. Probably mostly bitter for them. Eddie was kinda getting upset with me and Elder Isaacson cut in and stood up for me and told Eddie what a great missionary I was.  Elder Isaacson also told Eddie and Amanda how important they are to me. It was so awesome. Elder Isaacson made me so happy. :) 

Saturday nobody was home. We struggled all day.

Sunday there were so many people in church! There was a ton of family in town and we got to meet a lot of them. We taught the Jacob's and had a very interesting lesson. Hahaha as usual.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you have an awesome New Year! As this year is coming to an end, I've been thinking about all the things I learned in 2013 and how grateful I am to be serving a mission. I'm grateful to have a loving family who loves and supports me through everything. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of all of us personally and is so aware of our personal struggles. I know that one day I will be able to stand in his presence and see the love that he has for me and that he will be proud of me for the decisions I've made and the person I've become. I know the Book of Mormon is true. And I know that I have been called by a prophet of God to share the knowledge that I have.

I love you. 

Sister Gardanier


                   Merry Christmas!!  Just an interesting side note...we wrapped
                   several of her gifts in "Barro's Pizza" boxes.  She really giggled
                       about that.  Brought back old memories of her first job!!


                                                  Happy New Year!!

                                    Making red velvet cupcakes....her favorite treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment