Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

That awkward moment when... 

The JW's (Jehovah's Witnesses) are tracting the same street the sister missionaries are street contacting on. Yes, this happened. They probably really needed the gospel, but they had their daughters with them and it was actually really intimidating. Hahaha.

I'm getting to the point on my mission where I actually know the missionaries leaving at the end of transfers, and it's super sad :(

First off, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you all ate lots of food and gave the missionaries your leftovers. :)

Second of all, transfer calls were last night. I can't believe it's already time for another transfer. Anyways, I'm staying in Liberty Lake and my new companion is Sister Pope! I have no idea who she is, but I'm not training her so I think I can handle it. This will be her 3rd transfer and she just finished her training. :) 

Tuesday night Sis Imangazi and I went to visit people she wanted to say goodbye to. She was getting sick, but there were people she really wanted to see. So Sis. Gummersall (Ward Mission Leader's wife) gave her some NyQuil at 6pm and we to visit a couple of families! Needless to say, around 8pm she was half asleep. Hahaha but she was a trooper and made it through all the visits! She came home and collapsed in bed and was sound asleep when I came back in after planning. Haha

Wednesday I dropped Sis. Imangazi off at the mission office. There was another temple square sister going back to Utah, so me and her companion were temporary companions! (sorry if that was confusing). And she was actually serving in my old area in Post Falls, ID! So we went there for her District Meeting and I got to see how much the District has changed since I left. I recognized nobody. Hahaha. But I loved being there! Then we picked up our new temporary companions! They are Temple square sisters who just arrived for their outbound. My companion is Sister Luki from New Zealand! Her accent is so pretty and all the member adore her! She can honestly work circles around me. She's solid!

Thursday was Thanksgiving! We had appointments from 11am to 9pm. All day! We were able to have 11 lessons that day, and I think we hold the record in the mission for that day. No big deal. :) We had 8 meal appointments. So we were really full and sleepy by the end of the night. 

Friday we had district meeting and then went to lunch with the sisters! Sister Peterson had her last DM (district meeting) ever and so we had to celebrate. She left this morning. :( I don't remember what else we did....It snowed! but its all melted now.

Saturday. I don't remember what we did that day, either. whoops. 

Sunday. We saw Lexi (their less active new convert) and tried to round up a few people to come to church. We had 3 investigators in church! It was great! After church we had dinner with the Hagerty's and helped decorate the Gehrett's Christmas tree. :) Later that evening we got transfer calls.


I love you all tons! Have an awesome holiday season! :) 

Love,
Sister Gardanier

                                                   Hello Sister Luki!
                           Making Gingerbread houses with some ward friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment