Monday, July 29, 2013

July 29, 2013

Transfer #2...

First off. I'm getting transferred into the Valley  (Spokane Valley) .I am having a very hard time with it. I know its where I need to be, but I really don't want to go. It's really tough to leave a ward that you put your heart and soul into . But I know its for the best. :)
Quinn was baptized on Saturday! There were so many people there supporting him. He is the first one in his family to be baptized. We hope his parents and grandparents will soon follow. :) He is such a great example and I know he is going to be so blessed for his decision. :)
This week was a really slow week. Mostly because we knew transfer calls were coming and the week just kept dragging on. BUT we did teach lessons and we even had exchanges! Sis. Ledoux came to Post Falls with me and we taught a lot of lessons. :) Exchanges were a lot of fun! I realized how much I actually do know and how comfortable I am with teaching. So, it was definitely a success. :)
We taught Montgomery on Monday! He is absolutely amazing. He told us that he doesn't want to go to the YSA ward (Young Adult Ward), so Sis. Johnson and her new companion will be teaching him. But the YSA elders will be at the lesson on Friday. At the end of the lesson, we asked him to say the closing prayer and ask if the Book of Mormon and the things we teach are true. He said he felt a cool rush of comfort and peace and it took everything in me to not cry with happiness. :) He also told us that sometimes when we teach him, he gets goose bumps up his arms and down his back. We told him that was the spirit! He's way excited to continue taking the lessons and I'm so happy for Sis. Johnson. :)
That's really all that happened this week! Make sure you send my letters to the Pines address or else I won't get the letters you send me. I'm too far away from PF to get any letters from them. I miss you all so much! I can't wait to hear from you. :)
Love,
Sis. Gardanier

                                        The district before transfers.  The four sister's shown
                                all share the same apartment.  Jordan's current companion is the
                                                    one in the brown shirt, Sister Johnson.
                                      

                                    The sister's don't have access to a car right now...so they
                                                                     do alot of walking!!

1 comment:

  1. Sister Gardanier,
    The Rook family loves you so much! When you first came to our ward you were this shy quiet little girl, and you have truly blossomed here. The Lord has great things planned for you!

    Please stay in touch with us, and good luck with the rest of your mission! We are going to hold you to taking our son to lunch when he gets to Tempe!
    Love you!
    Sister Rook
    nrrook@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete