Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013

Ahhh! Its been such a fun week! Living with 4 sisters in one apartment has been way fun. I can't even describe it. We have been so blessed too. We're all ready by 8:00am even with only one bathroom! Somehow the Lord has figure out how to make time go by slower. Haha. But all 4 of us get along so well. I honestly never want us to get separated. Its weird to see how we all interact differently but one on one we can be so close. I can't explain it, but its definitely been a HUGE blessing. I hope one day all of you can meet Momma B, Baby T, and Sis. They are incredible!

So this week was crazy! Last week we got our P-day moved to Tuesday, and then we had a 7 hour training on Thursday, so we haven't had much of a typical "missionary" week. BUT BUT BUT something SO awesome happened! I told you last week that we had an appointment set up with Montgomery for Friday. He showed up and we had a church tour with him. Then we talked about baptism and had the lesson on"The Restoration". The spirit was crazy strong.  Sister Burgoyne and Sister Tritt were with us and they were antsy the whole time because they wanted to just invite him to be baptized. I can't get over how prepared he is. He read the chapter we asked him to! But he wasn't able to be at church on Sunday because he picked up an extra shift at work. :( But its okay! We're calling him today to set up another appointment. Anyways, Sis. Johnson invited Montgomery to be baptized. He said yes! We're planning on August 10 (Cole's Birthday - Happy Birthday Cole!).  He technically isn't "on-date" but he will be! (It sounds like they need to teach him several more lessons before he will be "ready" for baptism).  He's also 19 years old so we may have to hand him off to the Elders for YSA (a Young Single Adult Ward) but we'll see how comfortable he is with that. I love him!

Friday night thru Saturday night I was on exchanges! I was up in Sandpoint, Idaho with Sis. Tisdale! She is the perfect combination of Brookie M. and Sister Curtis.  Hahah she's way cute and we had lots of fun! We had a lesson with a family through a street contact.  The husband was telling us about how we (humans) were from aliens and UFO's. We didn't know what to do so we gave them a BOM (Book of Mormon) and told him to read and pray about it. Probably wasn't the best way to handle the situation, but he was talking about weird stuff and it was making us feel weird and we just wanted out. We also had a lesson with the Sandpoint missionary's current investigator who's trying to quit smoking! He was way nice and we gave him a quit smoking program. I can't wait to see what happens with him!

That's really all I have to report! This week went by so fast and I love my ward. Post Falls is amazing. I love all of you and I hope you're doing well!
Love,
Sis. Gardanier

No comments:

Post a Comment