Monday, June 23, 2014

June 23, 2014

Most boring subject ever...

This week's email is going to be uneventful. Sorry. This week we didn't really have anything super cool happen. It was a pretty slow week. Hopefully next week's email will be better. Sunday is TRANSFER CALLS so I'll have something to tell you. Any predictions? :) My vote is that I stay another transfer with Sister Rose in Moscow. I would have no complaints. Or I vote that I sweep into Moscow U 3&5 (University of Idaho student wards) .

Today is Elder Church & Tingey's last P-day. So tonight we are having a big bonfire and they're going to burn a suit. (a missionary tradition done toward the end of an elder's two year mission). We're throwing them a "Trunky Party"!

Wednesday we went to Spokane to go to the Spokane Temple. The Mitchell's took us. They have become my favorite family in this ward. They are so willing to serve us and to magnify their callings. So we went to the temple and afterwards they took us to COSTA VIDA. It has been WAYYY too long since I've had Costa Vida. It was so good. Totally worth the trip. Then they took us to Cold Stone afterwards for dessert. Hahaha. Then we made the 2 hour trip home. 

Sunday we met with my favorite people.

Ricks Family- They're in their late 20's. No kids. Bro. Ricks is on hospice due to cancer. I love this family. We went by and Sister Ricks asked us if we would sing hymns with her. It was probably my favorite lesson I've had on my mission. I can't sing, first off, but we had such a great experience. I've never felt the spirit so strong. "The song of the heart is a prayer unto me". Even though this family has gone through so much, they are so faithful and so humble. They love God and know he is watching over them.

Annette- She hasn't smoked in 11 days! (I think) and she's doing great! She says she still isn't having any side effects from the quitting and she feels so good! We are so proud of her! She said the closing prayer and she said: "Thank you for these missionaries.They have changed my life".  I almost cried. As a missionary, I guess I don't realize how much we are doing. That every simple act of love and kindness we perform has a lasting impression on the people we're serving. Those 2 sentences were so simple, but they hit me so hard. Because I'm a missionary, I have a greater love for people and a greater appreciation for God. I'm so grateful for Annette's closing prayer and her earnest and sincere desire to come closer to Christ. She has made a lasting impression on me and on the people she associates with. 

Jefferson - He said the closing prayer! He prayed for guidance and to know the truth of the Book of Mormon. He know's its true, he just needs that spiritual confirmation in order to fully act on the knowledge he's gained. He also finished the Book of Mormon last week and has started reading the Doctrine and Covenants. 

Obviously I've been keeping up with the World Cup. Anyone surprised? I didn't think so. The people who live above us are 3 RM (returned missionaries) guys and one of them is from Brazil. So we make a trip upstairs every night to see what the scores were for the day. :)

I'm so grateful for the decision I've made to serve my Heavenly Father. I know that my family and future family will be so blessed. Remember who you are and how much value you hold to those around you. You'll never realize the difference you make in someone's life. 

I love you!


Sister Gardanier




No comments:

Post a Comment