Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo! We aren't having any super fun fiestas. :( But P-days are always fun! I hope you eat lots of Mexican food for me! :)

This week nothing super exciting happened. Unfortunately. But there was one lesson that was SO FUNNY. My whole email will probably be about this lesson we had. I wrote 2 pages in my journal about it. It was so worth it.

So, Annette. I don't know if I'd told you about her yet, so I'll do it now. We tracted into her. When we met her, she was drunk. Hahaha and Sister McW didn't even notice. SO FUNNY. Annette literally can't even form a sentence. My companion mouths the sentence to me, "Is she even accountable?!" ...and I mouth back, "Not right now! She's drunk!". The look on Sister McW's face was priceless. "OOHHHH." Hahaha. Anyways. Annette is super nice and definitely needs the gospel in her life. We also met her caretaker, Randy. He's super elect. Except he doesn't live in our area. But we're going to teach him anyways. :) So this past week we had a lesson with her and Randy. We start walking to the apartment door and we can hear weird latino rap music blaring from her open windows. We walk in and it's like a smoke box. No joke. There's this other guy sitting at her table smoking and drinking with her. He's wearing this weird military costume. It's got german patches all over it. He has this Hitler mustache except its curled on the ends. Modern-day Hitler. No joke. His hair is all greasy and it looks like it's supposed to be a comb over, but he slept on it the night before. He introduces himself as Roger, Annette's MINISTER. Are you kidding me? And then proceedes to say "I've had quite a bit to drink, so I'm not in the right state of mind to have an intelligent conversation with you girls".  Okay. We aren't here to talk to you ANYWAYS. We're talking to Annette and she's drunk as well. I turn to Sister McW who's trying to teach the lesson we've planned. I shake my head at her. We will not be teaching. The spirit will not be there and we need to get out ASAP. She nods and closes her Book of Mormon.  Roger is being SO obnoxious. He's trying to talk over us about random stuff that doesn't have anything to do with what we're talking about. Annette's drunk, The room is all smoky. Roger is trying to talk over me (yeah, like that's going to happen), and I'm really annoyed because I want TO GET OUT OF THERE before I punch Roger in the face. Not a joke. Roger then starts to roll a cigarette (mind you, he's still rambling about nothing and talking over me... not cool) and Randy (Annette's caretaker) says to Roger "Would you mind waiting to light up? That's not really appropriate right now".  So Roger gets up and goes outside to smoke. After he leaves, Randy tells me to sit in Roger's seat. (Since I was the only one standing).
We FINALLY have a decent conversation. Then Roger comes back in and stands next to me. He says to me, "Can I have my seat back?".  I jump up and say something super sweet like "Of course! Sorry about that".  I thought Randy was going to deck him. Then we try to share a scripture and Roger is trying to talk over us...again. Long story short, we shared a scripture and got out. 

We had two miracles this week! I'm going to try and redeem myself from the paragraph above. We got 2 new investigators within 45 minutes of each other. Illi was the first one. We started talking to him and he was NOT INTERESTED. At all. In my head I'm like,  "We need to leave. This is wasting our time." We started talking about the Book of Mormon and how God has impacted his life. As he started talking about his struggles he's been having in his life, the spirit softened his heart right in front of us. You could see the change on his face. He ended up accepting a Book of Mormon and everything. It was so great. The spirit is real. we saw it with our own eyes this week. Then we knocked on a random door (okay, not so random. we were following the spirit).  A girl opened the door and it was a girl we had street contacted 3 weeks ago who didn't call us back. We set up a follow up appointment but she didn't show. OH WELL. Now we know where she lives.

ANYWAYS. I'm super over my time, but we also went Blitzing. Try it... it was so fun. 

I love all of you. I'LL SEE THE FAM ON SUNDAY! 

Love you.

Sister Gardanier


                                  Our Moscow, Idaho District!

No comments:

Post a Comment