Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27, 2014

Gru!

Hello! :) This week has been so much fun. I absolutely love my new companion, Sister Rose. She and I get along so well and we are tearing it up in Paradise Ridge! :) She has been out one transfer less than me, so we are pretty much level on the whole "experience" part of missionary work. We teach together really well too! She's so smart. And she plays the VIOLIN. She has it here with her. So I have been messing around on it. I just adore her. :)

                               

Tuesday was transfers, so we didn't get a lot of stuff done.

Wednesday, Elder Aiduakitis from the 70 came to speak to us! He spoke in General Conference, and sounds exactly like Gru from "Despicable Me". He actually sounds like that in person! Hahah.  He's so funny and he's so happy all the time! The whole meeting he basically just had missionaries role play with him and he gave us advice on how to be better at being missionaries! Our meeting went until 5:00pm  and our ride was going to her grandson's baseball game, which started at 5:30pm. So long story short, we were stranded in Hayden Lake, Idaho with no car and we didn't end up getting home until around 9:30pm. Luckily, we practically made curfew :)

We taught Thomas and Kelli about the Family Proclamation. it was such a great lesson. They love the emphasis we put on families and that we can be with them forever. Unfortunately, they were out of town this weekend and weren't able to make it to Church, but they're still as solid as ever! :)
                                                    
We also helped a friend move out of a trailer. So we did lots of cleaning and throwing away. I've moved my fair share of people on my mission, and I have decided that I absolutely hate moving and that I'm going to do as little moving as possible after my mission. So, we helped her for a couple days. 

We've been doing so much service and its so much fun! We've been doing lots of yard work. People have been asking if I'm good at gardening because of my last name. Hahaha, I don't really think I'm that great at it, but I somehow get roped into helping plant. I've gotten really good at pulling weeds. :) And we painted this week as well! Painting is always a missionary favorite. So we got to help out with that :)

This morning (at 5 am) a group of us missionaries went mountain biking! It was so much fun. An elder gave me his bike since mine sucked. The downhill was definitely my favorite part of the whole adventure. :) I am going to be so sore tomorrow. Haha. I'm already feeling it a little bit.

                                                                                                     

This week I've learned a lot about trust, and most importantly trusting God. He is completely in control and he doesn't make mistakes. He is aware of each of us and he ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS. I have had so many prayers answered and I'm learning to realize that coincidences aren't coincidences at all. God has a plan, and we each play a different, yet significant role. 

I love you. I hope you all continue to pray lots and trust in God. 

All my love,

Sister Gardanier



                                  Palouse Sisters eating dinner.


                     A surprise visit from her favorite family in Liberty Lake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment