Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

80,000+

This week went by so fast. We taught 33 lessons this week. No big deal. :) This won't be a long email or anything. I got super distracted during my email time and I don't have a ton of time. 

We got 6 new investigators.

I'll give you a run down of all the peeps we're teaching.

Gary - LA (less active). Rough past 10 years. RM (Returned missionary). Has a past of doing bad stuff and things like that. TOTAL SWEETHEART. We're working on reactivating him right now. He came to church on Sunday and brought his nonmember friend! Who the heck does that?! It was awesome! We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and ended up talking about the Atonement for basically the whole lesson. He cried a lot. is it bad that I enjoy making people cry? It's just a visual cue that they're feeling the Spirit! :) He talked to the bishop on Wednesday and is working on repenting. :) He's already committed to leaving his past behind him.  His stories about how it felt to go through withdrawals and the pain of everything has assured me I will NEVER do anything like that....EVER. Poor guy. 

Doug - LA (less active) for over 40 years. He lives in Genesee. Its a SUPER small town in our ward. It's a 15 minute drive from our apartment to the town. look it up on a map. It's pretty great. Anyways.... he has lung cancer and he's living on "borrowed time" as he called it. Haha. He wanted nothing to do with the church and then he got super sick and called his brother (who lives in Southern Idaho) to come give him a blessing. His brother left right away and was at his house the next day to give him a blessing. Here is Doug's version of the blessing he received... "I know my brother. I know how he talks, what he says, everything. He's my brother. I can tell you one thing for sure. That was not my brother talking. I know it was from God." He was crying and everything as he was telling us the story. He said he's never been more open to the church and that when he gets better, he'll come back to church. :) We set up a time to go back and see him and his NON MEMBER WIFE who's been reading the Book of Mormon. Miracles.

A New Investigator! He's a referral from some sister missionaries in another area. The lesson didn't go very well.  He takes a long time to think about the questions we ask him. The lesson was full of awkward silences and it didn't go as planned. And we also had a less active member with us who we were trying to fellowship. We felt so bad it was awkward for her. More to come on him...

Thomas and Kelli - Golden investigators. This week we talked to them about the church organization blah blah blah. And we told them that there were 80,000+ missionaries serving world wide. Kelli Says "yeah, and half of them are in Moscow" hahahahaha. There are like 10 sets of missionaries that cover the Moscow, Idaho area. Lessons with them are HILARIOUS. They're still praying about a baptism date. They came to church on Sunday and stayed for all 3 hours! That's huge.Hahaha.

It SNOWED on Sunday. What's up with that? But it didn't stick. Good thing because we're on bikes. 

Jefferson - He's an investigator who doesn't realize he's golden. Hahaha. He's new. He read through Jacob 5 in 3 weeks. He has awesome questions and really wants to learn...but doesn't think he'll ever get baptized. Psh. That's what he thinks. 

Yeah this ended up being a lot longer than I anticipated. You're welcome. :)

I miss you all so much. I hope you all have been enjoying the warm weather. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever warm up here....

Study the talk "Missionary Work and the Atonement" by Holland. ITS' SO GOOD. 

I love all of you. Thanks for all your love and support. Constantly pray and ask for help when you need it. The Atonement is "infinite and everlasting" and it was made for us to use all the time. Christ already paid the price for ALL of it. not partially, or half, but all of it. We need his help ALL THE TIME. I've taught the Atonement a lot this week, and I've learned a lot.

I love you.

Sister Gardanier


                                  12 month mark...Gone one whole year...Wha Hoo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment