Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7, 2014

General Conference, Birthday, and Transfer Calls

Yesterday was a crazy day for me! It was my 20th birthday, General Conference, and transfer calls. Nothing super exciting is happening for transfers. Sister McWilliams and I are staying in Moscow, Idaho. Which I'm really excited for because I absolutely love our investigators :) and I just finished unpacking this week so if I left I would NOT be happy. 

My birthday was SO MUCH FUN. It was the best birthday a missionary could ask for. We woke up at 6:30am had a slice of cheesecake for breakfast. :) General Conference was so great. We had 2 investigators come to the morning session and a less active come to the afternoon one. In between the sessions, the missionaries threw me a birthday party! :) I like almost cried. They made food and we all ate together and it was so much fun. I love them. :) Then we ate dinner at our investigator's house, Thomas and Kelli. They are my favorites. They made me s'more cupcakes and it was a blast. Then we met with Cal (another investigator) and he had balloons for me and a WHOLE red velvet cake. Hahaha. We had a few other appointments and to end off the night, we went to this member's house and they had a piece of cake for me and sang to me and recorded it and sent it to my family (ok...really my mom). :) That way she could see me on my birthday. :) I'm her favorite, I know. :)

CONFERENCE WAS SO GREAT! Oh my gosh. I loved it. The Saturday morning session was my favorite. And my favorite talk was probably Utchdorf's. He's great. I loved how much they mentioned the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration! It made me miss Arizona for sure. And I'm so proud of all the youth who participated! You all did awesome! I haven't see it yet, but I know it was great. :) It was really cool to have investigators watch it and hear their insight. 

I can't think of anything super cool that happened. We found a less active named Gary. He's great. He has a ton of stuff he has to repent of, but he's changing. he came to conference and loved it. He served a mission in Chile. He got into a lot of bad things, but he sees how important it is to stay rooted in the gospel. I love it. 

I love all of you so much. Thanks for all the birthday love! :) It's been the best. I love how happy everyone is and I'm so glad to be staying in Moscow! :) Enjoy your week! :)

All my love,

Sister Gardanier 

                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment