Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September 2, 2014

Sickies  :-(

Hey! So Sister Maughan and I have had a slower week, but we still always make the most out of it! :)

Monday we went on exchanges! I went to Kellogg with Sister Peeler. Its like the middle of the forest. They swept out Elders last transfer, but they had to get a new apartment since the elders were covering more than one area. So when they got their new apartment, they had fleas, their toilet didn't work, and they live in such a sketchy area. I was honestly scared. BUT we survived. :)

Tuesday we went and helped the Elders split wood! I'm not nearly as good at it as I would like to say I am. But I had good practice! Then we went back to Hayden to exchange back. 


Wednesday we met with our On-date! Her name is Sienna and she's the daughter of a recent convert. She's 9 and she's way cute. Except she doesn't really want to meet with us because she would rather be playing outside. Hahaha I really don't blame her. So we're working on trying to keep her entertained for the 10 minutes we want to teach her. Haha.

Thursday. Weekly planning.

Friday we had district meeting! So they refinished the gym floor in our building and the fumes are intoxicating. So we had district meeting there and we were all a little loopy at the end of it. During the meeting, we had the windows opened to air it out so we could breathe, and a wasp flew in and some of the missionaries were running, screaming and panicking. Then one of them tried to kill it and he missed! So it started to fly after him and he ran screaming. It was really great.

Saturday, Sister Maughan got sick so we stayed home pretty much all day. That night she was throwing up and I decided that I didn't want to be anywhere near her.

On Sunday, the regular church block was cancelled due to the paint fumes. So we went to a different ward building for just an hour. It was fun to just sit there and not have to greet people or anything. We just watched the Elders in that ward do their thing. Kinda like a Sunday off, but not really. We slept most of the day because Sister Maughan felt dizzy while she was awake. So I went ahead and took advantage of that opportunity to sleep. :)

And today I have a cold and feel like I got hit by a truck. But P-day must go on. :)

I miss you all And I hope you had a good week! 

Love,

Sister Gardanier



                            
                            Trying one of the local restaurants called "Meltz".  They make 
                               gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches.  Sister G is in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment