Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10, 2014

Ghetto paint job.

So. Just a heads up. My family got my flight information. So I'm coming home for reals. No worries. I'll be home the first part of NOVEMBER. Yeah. No big deal. :) SEE YOU SOON. My mom would love to talk to you about it, so ask her and get all the deets :)
 
This week I feel like went really fast. We honestly haven't done anything SUPER cool. We're working on gaining relationships with the ward members and keeping Sister Maughan from getting really trunky. She's really excited to go to Brazil and I'm crazy excited for her! :) She's going to be great! Pretty much she's been killing it in language study and has been able to talk with some of the members in Portuguese. Its pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :)
 
I'll only send you the highlights from the week, since those are obviously the best part.
 
Wednesday we had dinner at the Tran's. So go to facebook right now and look up Ben Tran. He took a video of Sister Maughan and I eating a Thai Pepper. AKA the hottest Asian pepper. Yeah, I took a wimpy bite but sister maughan was a CHAMP. We had so many members in the ward come up to us and tell us they saw the video of us. And I guess a lot of non-members have seen it too and commented to Bro. Tran about it! :) So if you can look it up, DO IT. :)
 
Saturday we did SERVICE with some members of the stake. The Hayden Stake is doing a day of service this coming Saturday, and we needed to do some prep work. So there were 4 companionships of missionaries working and painting and taping the windows of a house. This house is for an orphanage. It was a really cool experience to be able to see how much the community loves each other. We didn't get to see the kids or anything, but I may or may not have helped myself inside the house to see what it looked like on the inside. Those kids are LOVED for sure. It was really cute. After the service, we had interviews with our mission president. I PASSED. Don't worry. :) Then we had Stake Conference! It was so great. The talks were awesome! :)
 
Monday we SAVED SISTER JEFFERY'S LIFE. Okay. Sort of an exaggeration. So we all got up at 6:30am and I guess Sister Jeffery slammed her finger in the closet door. No big deal. So she went to look at the ring on her finger and it was all bent and stuff. She tried to get it off and it was STUCK. So she started freaking out and thought she was going to have to get her finger cut off. So she walked into the front room saying her finger was hurting and went to sit down on a chair. (mind you, i'm still laying on my bedroom floor half asleep and feeling bad for myself because I don't want to be awake right now. I don't know any of this is going on....) She was holding out her hand for the other sisters to see and then proceeds to PASS OUT. This is when I walk in. Sister Cutler, her comp, is FREAKING OUT... like screaming, panicking, about to pass out herself. I'm just like uhhh,  "What is going on". Dr. Maughan over here tries to pry the ring off her finger using anything we have in the apartment. Scissors, pocketknife. fork, lotion, anything. But the ring she is wearing if like, a real sentimental piece of jewelry. Like, her boyfriend gave it to her real. So It's legit and not bending back. Problem. Then she wakes up and is like "ouch" "it hurts" "get it off" and we're freaking out because her finger is turning purple. So Sis Cutler calls a member (remember, its about 6:50am at this point.) So, we see if they have wire cutters or Jaws of Life or SOMETHING. So they take about 20 minutes to get there and Sister Jeffery is like yeah, this really hurts. Like really bad. Then they show up and try to use scissors to get it off and we're like yeah, already tried that. So then they had a bolt cutter and cut it off. She LIVED. Funny story for the week. You're welcome.

On Monday we also painted this lady's house. It was so much fun. We painted it yellow with green window sills. yep. And she didn't want us to tape the room off or anything, so it looks pretty crappy. (and ghetto) But she LOVES it, so we were happy to help out. :)


So this weekend for stake conference, this lady talked about missionary work (I know, shocker) But it was REALLY good. She talked about how she plays "Where's Waldo" with Heavenly Father every time she goes grocery shopping. She prays before to ask for a missionary opportunity and then is on the hunt to find it! It was really awesome. She said it's always really hard at first, but you don't have to be all awkward about it! She loves the adventure and says that Heavenly Father ALWAYS delivers. :) So this week, I'm challenging you to a Where's Waldo game. Pray for a missionary experience anytime you go to the store, sports game, restaurant, ANYTHING. Just ask the missionaries for Mormon.org cards so you can put them in your check or at the check out. Its genius! So next week when I get on my email, I expect to hear all about your missionary experiences! I'll be following up with you! :)
 
I love you! I hope you have an awesome week and don't drown in all the Arizona rain water! :)
 
LOVE YOU
Sister Gardanier

 

No comments:

Post a Comment