Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24, 2014

I will be so glad when my life is not ruled by heart-wrenching time capsules called transfers. Last night we got transfer calls. I really don't want to talk about it. Remember, Sister Tritt and I just swept into the area 6 weeks ago. Into a "fix-up" area with a nasty apartment. Sister Tritt is leaving me. :( BUT there is a plus side. Kinda. She is going to Mica Peak! The area I just came from. I'm grateful that it will be in capable hands. And I'm excited for all the members to meet her! She's got some work to do in Liberty Lake! We are obviously going to be keeping in contact because I know that ward list forwards and backwards. :)

Everybody has a story that their mind tells them. Your mind continues to tell this story throughout your life. This story causes you to live in the past, instead of focusing on the future. This story is just driftwood. It's just a thought passing through. Do not dwell on it, but watch it pass though. Sister Tritt had a conversation with someone in the Valley and that's what she was told. Sister Tritt came out and explained it to me and we decided that is was so profound. It's my thought of the week!!

This past week we got like 6 referrals. Which is a miracle to any missionary. However, the way that we got these referrals is an annoying story. Basically, long story short, the elders who were here before us left 4 referrals and didn't tell us about them. So the mission office called us, upset that those referrals hadn't been contacted. We had no idea that these referrals existed. So my new companion , Sister Simpson, and I will have lots of following up to do this next week.

This week an elder showed me this really cool scripture that I was aware of, but when he showed it to me, it all made perfect sense. It's Moroni 8:16. "...Perfect love casteth out all fear." Heavenly Father loves each of us so much and when we understand the perfect love he has for each of us, we can have no fear for the future that lies ahead of us. I know that even though we are placed in difficult situations and have no idea what we are doing, our loving Father in Heaven is looking out for us and is proud of all the achievements we have, and will continue to make.

Thanks for all the love and support! It's currently snowing and I'm really jealous of the Arizona weather. Soak up some sun for me.

All my love,
Sister Gardanier

No comments:

Post a Comment