Tuesday, February 18, 2014

February 18, 2014

Happy (late) Valentine's Day! 

It's so weird to think how much has changed in one year. One year ago last week, I had my mission call and was hanging out in New York for my last family vacation before I left. I remember it being super windy and cold one night when we were walking back to the hotel and stopped at a Shake Shack for dinner. It was so cold that we made my dad call for a Taxi while we stayed inside and waited. Now, I'm over halfway done with my mission and I don't wear a coat when its over 30* outside. I've come to learn how much we change. People back home are getting married, graduating from college, starting families. It's weird. But in the end, change is the only consistency in this life. If there is no change, things are weird. Change is hard and it hurts, but we agreed to it. We agreed to come to earth to experience change. A lot of the time, I wonder why the heck I chose to do this whole "life on earth" thing. Its hard and gives me a headache. But I know that I personally chose my trials. I chose my strengths and weaknesses because I knew what I needed to accomplish on this earth. I'm still trying to figure out why I chose some of the trials that I did and what exactly my purpose here is, but I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of me always.

This past week has been eventful. Monday was p-day. Tuesday we had a zone conference for 8 hours. I still can't believe I made it out of there alive. It was a long time to be in a hard chair. 

Wednesday Sister Tritt had a doctor's appointment in the Valley. And there's a Cafe Rio there. :) So I called up a few of my missionary friends and told them I was coming to the valley and wanted to meet up with them for lunch! Instead of the 2 companionships I was planning on, the WHOLE ZONE (except for like 3 companionships) came to see me! It was so much fun. I was able to see so many missionaries that I might not see again and they all told me they missed me. :) It was so much fun. 

Thursday I cut my hair. Sorry mom. Its getting pretty short...

The last part of the week I was sick...again.(I know.) I'm really sick of being sick. I got the stomach flu this time. Thanks to Sister Tritt. So we stayed home practically all night. 

Thanks for all the love and support! I'm so blessed to be a missionary and to be able to see Heavenly Father's hand everyday. I love the missionaries I get to serve around and how they bless my life. 

And I'm definitely thankful for Sister Tritt. She's perfect and I love her lots. She's the perfect best friend and missionary companion. Keep her in your prayers. :)

I love you!


Sister Gardanier

No comments:

Post a Comment