Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013


This week, Sis Imangazi had tons of funny things to say, but this one is priceless.
Sis I- Sister, how far away is that plane?
Me- Uhhh I don't know, 50 miles?
Sis. I- nope. 12 months.
Me- I hate you.

This week we taught 15 lessons! HOLY COW! Needless to say, we are extremely happy. We are working as hard as we can and its starting to pay off. :) Good thing the Lord has his hand in everything we do! :)

Monday we didn't really do anything super exciting. EXCEPT... I asked our DL (district leader)  for a blessing. I've been having migraines for 2 weeks every night. They were getting so bad that we didn't even plan our day because I needed silence and medicine. So we met the elders at the church building and it turns out President Mullen (her mission president) was there with the Liberty Lake elders! So there were 5 priesthood holders participating in my blessing. Including 2 greenies (brand new elders)! It was way cool. But President  Mullen made me call the doctor and I might have an appointment this week. So, we'll see! 

Tuesday we had dinner with a member and there was a less active couple there. Then we went out on some visits with the High Priest Group Leader's wife. We saw Lexi (a recently baptized, less active teenager), and she wasn't exactly happy to see us. :)

Wednesday we taught Janine! She just got a job, so we're really happy for her. They needed her to find employment. She told us that before she applied, she prayed and then she got the job! It was an awesome experience for her and definitely built her testimony on prayer. :) 

Thursday was HALLOWEENIE! It is really boring for missionaries. All of our plans for the day fell through right as we walked out the door. Really annoying. We didn't get to go trick or treating either. Sadly. We had to be inside by the time the kids went outside. It gets dark early here, so we were inside by 6:00pm. We had nothing to do all day. So we planned and went to bed. 

Friday we had exchanges after our District Meeting! I went to the Newman Lake Ward with Sis. Bohling. I like her tons. We raked leaves and visited a few people. One family we visited has a son going to Daejeon Korea! So I may have a few "hook ups" there :)

Saturday NOBODY was home. Really annoying. We knocked on doors all night. We ended up going to The Jacob's house and talked to them for a bit. Then I felt like we should go see our investigator, Terry. She's really struggling with her husband's health. We went by and found out her husband is in the hospital and she really wasn't doing well. She cried so much... and she was watching the "Hallmark Channel". Not a good combination. So we decided that we needed to distract her and help her clean her kitchen. So that was good. :)

Sunday there was a baptism for a husband and son who I taught when I was in the Saltese Ward! It was awesome! Practically the whole ward was there. We had to meet in the chapel and then cram into the Relief Society room for the ordinance. I was so great!
You all are great! I miss you lots. 

I LOVE YOU.
Sis. Gardanier

P.S. This Sunday was daylight savings!! I can honestly say that I LOVE daylight savings. But only in the winter. I'm not going to like it in the spring. But we got an extra hour of sleep! Unfortunately my body is trained to wake up at 6:30am ...So I was awake at 5:30am and couldn't fall back asleep. Darn!!. But I absolutely loved it! :)


                        Six month mark!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment