Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November 13, 2013

Late Sunday evening, I got a call from Washington on my cell.  Mmm...wonder who that MIGHT be? It was a call from the family who had fed Sister Gardanier and Sister Imangazi. They wanted me to know that because of the Veteran's Day holiday on Monday and a Zone Conference on Tuesday, Sister Gardanier's P-day wouldn't be until Wednesday. I appreciate the information. Thank you to who ever called!

The quote of the week of course is from Sis. Imangazi, as usual. :) She always makes fun of me and tells me I'm too nice to people and that I should let them do things themselves. Yesterday my grandparents, Nana and Poppy, sent her a package for her birthday and she turned to me and said,  "I know why you have so much charity. You get it from your family."  Hahahaha. She then proceeds to say, "You have too much charity. Give me half of yours because my heart is hard like stone." So, if any of you have extra charity, send it our way because my companion needs it. :)

This week we taught 12 lessons! Not as many as last week, but we are really trying.  And we still currently have NO progressing investigators. Actually, we don't really have any investigators right now. We are working on blind faith. We know Heavenly Father has our back :)

Monday we were supposed to go to the new Cafe Rio ( Sis. G's favorite place to eat!) that opened at the Spokane Valley Mall with a member. Turns out the Cafe Rio DIDN'T OPEN.  :(   So. Mad. It was supposed to open on October 30, but they said it won't open until January. Gosh dang it!  :(  That's all I can remember from Monday. It was so long ago....

Tuesday I don't remember what happened either. But we did go out and work....

Wednesday was a long day. We found out that we have to move out of the member's house for the holidays, so we're going to be moving into an apartment eventually. And we have Ensign magazines EVERYWHERE. So, we decided to spend the afternoon sorting through them because we didn't want to do it when we moved out. We got it all DONE! We saw Lexi ( a teenager who is less active and a new member) and her grandma that night.

Thursday was WEEKLY PLANNING.  Lexi's grandparent took us out to dinner! We went to this mexican restaurant. It was pretty good, but obviously nothing like the authentic food in Arizona. I miss the good Mexican food!

Friday we had a lesson with Sis. Tilley! She invited us to come over the next week and have another Korean lunch with her! I'm so excited! We are actually going over there today to eat. :) I'll take pictures so you can all see how great it is. She's awesome! She told us that she makes us Korean food so that I'll be used to it when Tyler gets home and makes it for me. Hahaha

Saturday we were supposed to polish silverware with a member, but she cancelled last minute. :( So we really just tried to visit people. We have a few members that live way way way up in the mountains so we decided to go try and visit them. We got lost going to one. Then we went to a less active family and they were SUPER not interested in talking to us. Hahaha. She was practically slamming the door on us as soon as he opened it. It was great. :) Then we visited Anne. She's a less active who we visit every week. We always do some sort of service for her. I vacuumed for her this time. I've gotten really good at vacuuming in nice straight lines, just like my mom likes :)

Sunday we had 2 people come up to us at church and tell us that that have friends who have accepted the invitation to take the missionary discussions! So we're setting up appointments for those later this week.  We also saw Janine ( a new member ) and she told us about the new job she got. :) 

Monday we just did service with Janine all day. And then she made us dinner! We went out to visit a few people. We saw Lexi's grandma and we found out that Lexi has run away...again. So we shared a scripture and left. We went to see the Gehrett's to go over some things because she was taking us out to visit some of the sister members.

Tuesday! We had Zone Conference! It was from 9am-4pm!  We were so ready to get out. Our mission president has totally raised the standards on missionary work. He wants us to double our baptisms per month. So, he wants us to try and get 70 baptisms per month, teach 3 lessons per day, and increase our church attendance by 10%. Its going to be really hard for us because we don't exactly have investigators to work with, but I have faith that President Mullen knows what is going on and that the Lord will help us. :)

We just had lunch with Sis. Tilley! She made us Korean food. It was so good! :)

I hope you all have a fun week! Enjoy the cooler weather! (The high temperature was 46 and the low was 31 today in Spokane... Shall I tell her the high in Phoenix was 83?  Na!)

I love you!
Love,
Sis. Gardanier


                                              Lunch at Sister Tilley's.

                                  Watching the snow out the window...
                                                   Smile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment