Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14, 2013


Jordan's P-day was moved to Wednesday this week instead of the usual Monday.  Her district was attending the Spokane Temple on Wednesday.  Her letter this week is short, but sweet...

Hello, friends. 

So this week and a half has been crazyyy and it's been EASILY the hardest week of my mission. Too many adult trials for a 19 year old to deal with. But I have high hopes for this week! Last week we had a mini missionary! Her name was Sis. Lat and she was so much fun! A mini missionary is a Laurel/Priest aged youth who comes out and lives with the missionaries for a week! She does everything we do. Its a good experience for them! They defninitely work hard. This week we got a new one! Her name is Sis. Martin and she's so cute. On Monday (her next P-day) I'll talk more about her. We just got her yesterday. But we like her lots!

This week we have been working with some recent converts who are stuggling with some personal issues. Life has been very difficult for them, and Sis. Harper and I didn't know what to do. We've been over there a lot and we know they're having a really difficult time. Things have been really tense for this young family.  It's been really weighing on me and Sis. Harper . Missionary work is really hard work. We also got dropped several times last week and almost all of our appointments fell through. We were so done with the week. I'm really glad to be able to start fresh. :) This week so far we've been doing lots of service for members in the ward. Yesterday we had a training for 7 hours and then we went to help our struggling converts. They currently live in a teeny home so Sis. Harper and I went over there after the training to help them make things more comfortable. I hope it helped them feel less cramped. They are really amazing people. I love them so much. :) I love you all! I hope you had a good week! I can't wait to hear how everyone is doing. 

Be good to the missionaries and feed them lots. :) 

 love, sis gardanier

                                         The sister's and their "mini missionary"

No comments:

Post a Comment