Monday, October 27, 2014

October 27, 2014

SUPER TRUNKS!

HELLO. I'm not sure exactly what you're supposed to write on your last email home.....so just know that I have absolutely LOVED my mission. I have had experiences that have literally changed my life. I've met people I will never forget and learned so much about the unconditional love our Heavenly Father has for each of us. More on that later.

Monday night to Tuesday night we went on exchanges and I was in the Spanish area! I got the chance to test out my Spanish knowledge! Turns out, I don't know ANYTHING. Hahahaha. We luckily only taught one lesson in Spanish, and I could sort of follow the lesson, but that's mostly because I helped plan the lesson, so I knew what direction she was going. Hahaha. But I could introduce myself, say I was from Arizona, and say the name of the church. So, I was basically fluent. Just kidding. We got to go to this cool Mexican Bakery and get authentic mexican pastries. Hahaha. SO GOOD. Fresh bread and this really good cornbread. Oh my goodness I loved it! Mexican cornbread is the BEST.


Wednesday I got my SUPER TRUNKS!!!! (aka my official flight itinerary and my time for my final interview with President Mullen).

Thursday night was an adventure. It isn't going to sound nearly as funny as the experience really was. We had a dinner appointment with this Less Active single mom on the other end of our area and we were on bikes. But we ended up getting a ride from a member who came with us to an appointment before. So we got dropped off and didn't have a ride home. Now that it's winter, its way dark at like 6pm. We go to our dinner appointment and she FORGOT that she was feeding us, but we didn't remind her. So we just played it off like we had a lesson with them instead. After the appointment, we were starving, it was dark, and we were freezing cold because the weather finally decided to start acting like fall. I didn't have my coat because I left it in the back of the car. So we walked to the closest grocery store to get some food. On our way back, we realized how dark it was. This city seriously has like NO street lights anywhere. And this upper part of our area is pretty ghetto. We had guys yelling at us through car windows and trying to talk to us. Normally we're all about people talking to us, but not in this area at this time of night. Sister Gosdis turned to me while we were talking and said "The only reason I'm okay with this is because I know you have a knife on you." Hahahahahaha  It was really funny. DON'T WORRY MOM I WAS OKAY. ( I sent her a pink pocketknife when she was in Moscow, ID.  It was more piece of mind than anything else.  Evidently it helped Sister Gosdis feel safe.  It served it's purpose!!)

Friday was a crazy day. Basically all our appointments cancelled and everything was falling through. Elder Ebmeyer and Smith came to go to the Spokane Temple so I got to see them! Elder Ebmeyer gave me a blessing and it was SO GOOD. It made me really happy to know that Heavenly Father is giving me guidance and knowledge for when I go home. 

Saturday was insane! There's a set of sisters in the ward next to us and one of them was having a really hard time. So we had to do emergency exchanges and talk to President and Sister Mullen. We switched back for a few hours, then that night we were on exchanges again. A lot of calls were made and all that stuff. But now we are good. But I am going to be in a TRIO for my last week! Hahahaha. Sister Haynes will be our temporary third wheel! Its going to be so much fun and I can't wait! I'm definitely in for an adventure the last week of my mission!

Sunday we taught President and Sister Mullen and the twins. At the end of the lesson when we were setting a return appointment, President says "Well Sister Gosdis, not next Sunday because your companion (meaning me) will be here (for her last night of her mission)!" Hahahaha.  It's pretty great!

Well. I'm so grateful for my mission! I've learned so much and I know that I was able to do these things in the strength of the Lord. (Alma 26:12) I will never forget the experiences I've had. I know that God loves me SO MUCH and having that knowledge can literally bring peace to any situation I've experienced. Serving a mission takes WORK. It's difficult... physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally, but it's all been worth it.

I know that this church is true. That Jesus Christ suffered and paid the price for me so that I could return to live with my Heavenly Father and him again. Through Joseph Smith, the original priesthood of God was restored and we can be baptized and receive eternal life through that priesthood. The atonement of Jesus Christ is infinite and everlasting. We can use it under any circumstance. Christ has already suffered for ALL of it. Not just what we can do or overcome ourselves, but everything. It's already been done. We are worthy to use it. Heavenly Father loves YOU. You are here on Earth for a specific purpose. You have been created and put in your family for a reason. Not just haphazardly. Trust in God.

I love you all! I'll see you soon!

For all you that want to email me at home, use jordan.gardo@gmail.com

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard.

Sister Gardanier



                                  Final picture in front of the Washington Spokane Mission Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment