Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

Meet the Mormons...

HI. So just a heads up. Next week is my last week to email. So don't email me anything after next Monday because I'll never get it. But I would love to hear from you! Chances are I probably won't email you back though. 

This week I went on exchanges! I went to the Evergreen Ward, and my companion for the day was Sister Haynes! She's so great. We had dinner with this less-active lady and she served her mission in Arizona! So we bonded over Arizona things. It was really fun. She told me about how much she misses the citrus and the sunsets. She's cute. And then she started talking about how much she loves Rockin' R Ranch and I told her that we always watched fireworks from there on the 4th of July! She loved it. 

We had a super awesome day on Thursday. We had dinner with a returned less active and then we asked her if she would come with us to our next appointment. We went to see a member who's also a returning less active. The husband is trying to come back, and his wife and children are less than supportive. But when we got to the appointment, the wife and one of his sons were there and they stayed for the lesson! The son had removed his records from the church in June...all thanks to the member we brought with us! She totally could relate to them and they all got along so well! It was so great! 

FRIDAY we had specialized training!! Okay, so Sister Gosdis and I already know what was happening at the training because a member told us, but we were excited anyways. So we had a training and then President surprised us with the movie "Meet the Mormons!" IT WAS SO GOOD. I loved that it crushed all the stereotypes of Mormons and that we are actually normal people. And they snuck in a lot of LDS doctrine. It was so awesome! So you should tell everyone to go see it. My favorite was the story about the missionary mom. Maybe because I'm a little biased. But it was cool because she was at such a low point and had no hope and then the SISTER missionaries showed up at her door. The whole direction of her life changed because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. SO COOL!

Saturday we met with President and Sister Mullen and the twins. Let me tell you. The twins are hilarious. They just crack me up. We sang an opening song and Nathan was playing the piano and he kept messing up and we all were just laughing so hard. But he was able to hit the last measure perfectly. Hahaha. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and invited them to read their patriarchal blessings. I gave Sister Mullen new oven mitts that my mom had sent me and she thought it was so funny. ( remember how last time the sister missionaries ate at the Mullen's home, the oven mitts were left in the oven and started a small fire )

I have to go! But I love you all so much! Make sure to go watch "Meet the Mormons" and take all your neighbors to see it too! :)

I LOVE YOU


Sister Gardanier


No comments:

Post a Comment