Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Inspired birthday party...I think so.

TONY GOT BAPTIZED!!!! :) And as every missionary knows, NO baptism ever goes smoothly. even when you have it all planned out perfectly. The baptism was at 6:30pm, so we went to the church around 2:00pm to start filling the font. We got there with our WML's (ward mission leader's) wife and son to get the font opened and start filling it. PROBLEM. This font is much different than any other font I've ever seen. It wasn't like a hot and cold handle.  There were valves in the boys bathroom that all had to be turned a certain way. What the heck? Good thing we weren't there alone because we never would have been able to figure it out. We had to turn like 4 handles to get the backflow and the hot water and some other stuff. I have no idea. We were there for an hour trying to figure it out. All while calling a bunch of people to ask how to do it. Sister Rose and I were like "yeah we can get the stove going and start boiling some water" hahaha it was almost a possibility. But! We got the font filled and Tony was baptized and everything turned out just fine. :) We had tons of people there and lots of missionaries brought their investigators. I spoke and Sister Rose played some music on her violin while Tony was changing. Everyone loved her music, as usual. A lot of the investigators commented on how much they could feel the spirit while she was playing. It was a success. :)


Tuesday we moved some investigators out of their apartment. They're moving to Colfax. It was one of those moves where there wasn't much direction and not everything was packed when we got there. Good thing the sister missionaries were there! We packed up as much as we could and cleaned. The elders drove out to Colfax to help them unload some of the stuff into a storage unit. We used that opportunity to make a McFlurry run.

Saturday We helped some members clean the church! Sister Rose and I got assigned to clean the bathrooms. Hahahaha. Then we had a birthday party for Sister McCabe! Her birthday was Sunday, but she wanted to have a party with the Moscow missionaries. So there were 14 missionaries at the church having a pizza party and this lady walks in and is like "is there someone here I can talk to?" So one of the Elder's walked over to her and start talking. Long story short, she needed money to get to Oregon because her dad is dying. She was at the Dollar Store when she got the call, so she said she drove to the closest church she could find to get help. Sister Strong, the two elders with us and I talked to her in the parking lot for a while. We gave her a Book of Mormon and gave her our number and told her to call us if she needed anything. And we got her number too. Hopefully we'll be able to meet with her and help her find peace though the hard times she's facing. :) INSPIRED BIRTHDAY PARTY!!



Sunday Tony was confirmed! His blessing was awesome! We're so excited to help him and Shauna get to the temple! Bishop gave us a shout out during sacrament meeting and gave us a special thanks because we cleaned the bathrooms. SO FUNNY. Went over to see Sis. Ricks. She's a saint. Let me tell you. I hope that one day I can be as awesome as she is. We talked to her about pretty much whatever she wanted. She told us about how rough her past was and how she realized that through Christ, you can overcome anything. Alcohol and drugs only put the pain and sadness on pause and then you have to deal with it all over again. She has such a solid testimony of Christ and the healing you can receive through Him and His sacrifice. After visiting her, we went to see Annette. Annette is our alcoholic investigator. She talked to us about how she's an alcoholic because she's numbing her past because she doesn't want to deal with it. Hmmm. I feel like I just talked about this with someone else. Hahaha. It was really cool to see the difference in these two women. Sister Ricks overcame all the trials using Christ and was able to learn and become better through these things. Annette refuses to accept and move on and she's still struggling from it. I think of how much happier Annette could be if she would just look to Christ and be willing to give up her addiction. Later that day, we had 3 different members comment on how much they like Sister Rose and I as companions and that we get along very nicely. :) It always great to hear from members that they enjoy us. I love Sister Rose. She's so fun to serve with :)

This week I read about the Title of Liberty. (Alma 46) I've decided that I absolutely love Captain Moroni. He was so determined to protect God. He knew that if he did what God has asked him to do, all the things he and his people cherished would be protected. Family, freedom, religion, and peace. I thought this week of the things I would put on my Title of Liberty if I was Captain Moroni. And I would probably put the same things. I LOVE my family. I know I have been so blessed by having them. My religion is what has shaped me to become the person that I am, and I wouldn't have it any other way. When we are diligent and obedient, all things will turn out for our good. 

"All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your DILIGENCE, FAITHFULNESS, and prayers of FAITH." -d&c 103:36

I love you! Have a good week! :)

Sister Gardanier

No comments:

Post a Comment