Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28, 2013 -

One Month Down...


I've been out for one whole month! Ahhh! It seriously flew by. I had no idea it had even been a month until my companion reminded me!

So, here's a recap on my week.
Monday I was still really sick. I had an awful temperature and I probably should have gone to the doctor, but I didn't want to. We had 2 lessons that night and one of them was with an investigator and his mom was going to be there (a new investigator! :)) so I didn't want to cancel. We teach him (Quinn - the investigator) at a member's house (his friend, McKay) so we called and asked if his dad could give me a blessing. They gave it to me at the end of the lesson. I felt awful and I probably looked like death. I didn't contribute much because I couldn't really focus. After the blessing, we left to go to the other lesson. By the time we got to the house, I felt like normal! I wasn't coughing or anything! That is the power of the priesthood. After that lesson, we went home and went to bed. I had no energy. All I have now is a cough, but its not nearly as bad as it was before.

This week we've done lots of tracting. I've come to not hate it. Its really not too bad. I've had the door slammed in my face and been told by an Atheist that he "feels bad for me because God is my crutch" ...haha. I told him that if that's the only crutch I need, then I'm pretty well off! He didn't like that too much.

Our investigator, Trevor (Trevor was Jordan's first baptismal invite. He was set for a June 8th baptism) dropped us this week. It's been sad. We really loved him and wanted him to get baptized. His friends were over when we went there for his lesson. One of his friends didn't like us too much ...or the church, so he told Trevor he didn't agree. Trevor told us he wasn't interested anymore. :( we'll go back over sometime towards the end of the transfer to see if that's really what he wants.

On Saturday, while we were tracting we ran into this lady who is a LA (less active member)! She moved here 7 months ago with her NM (non member) fiancĂ©e and hasn't been to church in a while. Her brother is on a mission and comes home at the beginning of July! So we've been trying to get her to come back to church. I really love her. She's awesome and she has such a strong desire to go back to church. She is way more ready than she thinks she is.

On Sunday, we had 2 of our investigators come to sacrament meeting. We spoke in that sacrament meeting, by the way. :) We got asked Saturday morning if we could speak. Both our talks went awesome! It was so much fun to write a talk for the ward. A lot of people came up to us after and told us that it was what they needed to hear. Divine Revelation. :) Wolf, one of our investigators, is doing so well. He may not be accountable to be baptized, but we hope he will! He has some mental disability, but he said he loves our church and he wants to come back! Jim Parker is our other investigator. We go over to his house once a week to do service for him. He talks a lot and he likes the company. He lives alone and doesn't have any neighbors really. Neither are on-dates, but I told Jim that he WILL be baptized before I leave the area. he laughed. I think that's a yes? :)

Anyways, I love you all so much. I have been so blessed here and I've loved the area. The member are great and so supportive. I miss you all so much. Thank you for all the prayers and the love.. and the letters!  They're awesome. :)
I love you!
love,
sis gardanier

                                        Jordan and her companion went over their mileage 
                                        so they are biking it for a couple days.



                                  "Rainy Day Pancakes" was a silly tradition when Jordan
                                   was little and it was raining outside. It looks like
                                    she has kept up the tradition!!
                                        


                                           Sister Jensen, Sister Gardanier, and Sister Johnson


                                               Look who found a Sonic in Idaho!!  Lucky Girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Cutest pictures of Jordan! Thanks for the updates! And strong work Shelly! You are a blogger now! :)

    ReplyDelete