Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013 - Post Falls, Idaho


For Mother's Day, we got the chance to talk to Jordan over skype.  She looks so awesome!!  She was all smiles and couldn't wait to tell us all about her first week being a missionary.  She is in a small town outside Coeur d'Alene, Idaho called Post Falls. 

Hi everyone!
Oh my goodness. I love it here! I'm currently in Post Falls, Idaho. Its mostly a trailer park type of area. The members are awesome and they are so sweet!
My companion is Sis. Burgoyne (she is from Centerville, UT).  She's awesome. She makes sure I'm always doing what I'm supposed to. She keeps me on task and really pushes me to be my best. Its helped so much. Everyone loves her, so its easy to talk to all the members.
We are over 2 different wards. Post Falls 1st and 3rd. 1st ward is way bigger than 3rd. 1st has a lot of families. 3rd is way small. in sacrament meeting, they didn't even open the overflow and only 3/4 of the benches were being used. that ward is mostly retired people and they have like 4 young men. Most of the men passing the sacrament were married.
I just have so much to tell you all! We have a baptism date set for a 17 year old. I haven't met him yet, but I will tomorrow. His baptism isn't until the end of july, but we're hoping to talk him into moving it up.
Most of the missionary work we've been doing is getting less active member to come back. A lot of them just needed a little extra love. I love teaching them and they always have such great stories for us. I've loved watching their testimonies grow and its so fun to see them in sacrament meeting. Everyone adores the sister missionaries! :)
Yesterday after I skyped the family, we got a text from the bishop with a referral! HAPPY DAY! He was in sacrament meeting yesterday and he wants to join the church! SO we called him up today and he sounds so promising! He was driving when we called, but he said he's call us in a few hours to set up an appointment. I'm so excited!
I love you all and I miss you! Write me lots of letters! I promise I'll respond. :)
All my love,
Sis. Gardanier




No comments:

Post a Comment