Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

"Sunshine in the storm"

Considering P-day was on Wednesday last week, I really don't have much to say. This week has been a real test for Sister Tritt. She is learning lots and its been really hard for her. I'm grateful to be her companion to help her through her trials and give her hope for the future. :) 

This week I've gained a testimony of the power of the priesthood. I love it. I never want to be without it. I can't imagine living without it. This week I got sick (yes, again.) I don't understand my sickness exactly, but its very annoying. I haven't been able to eat for about a week because I feel nauseous all the time. So, it's been really unfortunate. But we had a dinner appointment one evening I wasn't sure I could make it through AND Sister Tritt really needed a blessing. So we called up some of our favorite elders and they drove to our apartment from Spokane Valley. (30 minute drive) We both got blessings reassuring us that all would be well. We had questions answered that the elders didn't even know we had. Every time I receive a priesthood blessing, I am so impressed with how well these righteous men can listen to the spirit and trust in the things they need to say. Being away from home and not having my dad around has made me realize how blessed I am to be around so many worthy priesthood holders who honor their promises with Heavenly Father. 

I'm so blessed to be companions with Baby T (Sis Tritt's nickname). She and I have been placed together for a reason. We both know we are going to go through a lot of hard things this transfer and we are ready to take on this adventure. We can't wait to see what lessons we can learn and how Heavenly Father is watching over us.

For the record. Be grateful for the sun. I haven't seen the sun in 2 weeks. I think we're depressed. haha.

In my blessing, I was told that I have been a light of sunshine to those around me and that even when things get gray that there is always sunshine if I look for it. I was promised that I would be fully healed. No questions asked. 

And congrats to Jeff and Carolyn!( Jeff and Carolyn are Jordan's uncle and aunt on the Esperson side of the family).   I'm so excited for the two of you to get sealed! I'm so proud of both of you and the choices you made to get there. I love you and I wish I could be there with you. Enjoy it and tell me all about it. :)

I love all of you. Enjoy the sunshine and the warmth. I miss summer.

All my love,

Sister Gardanier

The pictures below are from a "fiesta in a box" we mailed her marking her half way point on her mission. In our letter to her, we asked her if there are any beans and tortillas left.  She commented that she is "rationing" out the beans and tortillas so they will last longer... that makes me giggle!

                                               Tortillas from Carolina's!!
Homemade refried beans!! 

                                               It's fiesta time!!
                                I hope this isn't the newest investigator....  

No comments:

Post a Comment