Tuesday, April 30, 2013

FIRST LETTERS

Today was the 6th day that Jordan has been in the MTC and we finally got our first letters.  It looks like they were written last Thursday and Saturday and it sounds like she is doing good and having a great time.  Here are some excerpts from her letters:

"Hey, I really don't have much time to write, but I'll try to keep it as detailed as I can.  I love it here!  The food isn't bad, but its definitely not as good as Mom's [ or Barros :o) ].  They have a bunch of different options, its a lot like EFY or college.  And they always have salads as an option so I always have something to eat.

My companion is Sister Renfroe. She is kind of quiet sometimes but she always makes sure we're on time. (it's been quite an adjustment).  She has a natural gift for knowing what to say & what lessons to teach.  I sort of just stumble along but its great to see how the spirit can teach through you & inspire you to say certain things. 

I didn't believe Tyler when he told me there's no time to take pictures or write.  He was right.  We are always doing something.  Today we got our flight plans.  Talk about crazy, we've only been here 3 hole days & we're already getting our itinerary.  Apparently they waste no time here.  We fly to Spokane on May 6 at 8:35 in the morning so we have to be at the MTC travel office by 5:00 a.m..  That's early :o( but I'm anxious to get to Washington!

Don't be sad! I'm having fun & everyone is so focused on the gospel that it's really hard to be sad and miss people." 

No comments:

Post a Comment