Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014

Midnight soccer.

Hi! :) So I feel like I just had P-day, so there really isn't going to be much to say in my email this week.

Shout out to SYDNEY AND KEVIN who are getting married this weekend! I love you guys and I can't wait to hear all about the wedding! :) I love you! :)

This week, Sister Maughan and I have picked up on a little adventure. At night around midnight, we sneak out of our apartment and go play soccer at the Lake City High fields across from our apartment. Its so fun! :)

.......Just kidding. we have started to take our dinner breaks at 8pm since we live outside our area so we don't have to walk back and forth. And since it's been getting dark earlier, it looks like it's midnight. We just play from 8-9pm and then we go home. No worries. We're being good! :) 


Saturday was pretty much the highlight of the week. It was our Stake Day of Service! All the members in the stake met at the Honeysuckle building and had a flag ceremony and got assignments. There were about 10 different projects going on, so everyone was all split up. Sister Maughan and I went to that orphanage house that we started on last week. We finished painting the trim on the house. We got to go up on the roof again! It was way fun. The house looks so good! I didn't get a picture of it, but I'll try to drive by it later this week so you can see it. :)

So Sister Maughan was up on this really tall ladder painting the trim and someone told her she could hang her paint on the wrung of the ladder and it would stay. So she did and then she moved and the paint fell and spilled all over the freshly painted house. Mind you, the house was brown and the trim color was white. White paint on the brown house. Needless to say, there was a lot of touch ups that we got to do. Haha.

After we all got done with the projects, everyone met back at the Honeysuckle building for a BBQ and games. It was a BLAST. There were bouncy houses, snow cones, and a dunk tank. And Sister Maughan and I never leave home without a soccer ball, so we played a pick up game with some of the other missionaries and the kids. It was so great. One the my favorite weekends on my mission thus far. 

This past week I read in the Book of Mormon, from the Book of Mormon! hahaha. I just finished it today. But something really cool I read was in 4 Nephi 1:15-16. The people were being righteous and the reason they were being so righteous was because they LOVED GOD. The people loved God more than they loved anything else, so they listened and were obedient to whatever they needed to do. That's the mindset that we should have! We should love God more than we love anything else and we will get so many blessings and be so happy! :)

I love all you guys! I hope you have a good rest of your week! 

LOVE GOD.


Sister Gardanier


                                                       We love Hayden Lake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment